Short Ribs/Chuck Roast
- ~5 lbs short ribs with bones, OR 3 lbs boneless short ribs ,OR 3-4
- pound chuck roast tied up
- ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 onion, cubed
- 3 carrots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3 celery stalks, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 liter organic chicken stock, or water if you don’t have any
Prepare the Meat:
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and tarragon together in large bowl.
- Roll meat in flour until all sides covered.
- Place onion, carrots, and celery into slow cooker and add small
amount of oil.
- Add floured meat and any leftover flour into slow cooker and mix
- Cover with stock/water.
- Cook on low heat for 6-10 hours.
Stovetop or Oven:
- In Dutch oven or large non stick pot with cover, sauté onions,
carrots, and celery and set aside.
- Add oil and turn heat up to high.
- Quickly sear all sides of the flour drenched meat pieces.
- Add back vegetables, and any leftover flour to the vegetables and
- Cover with stock/water and cover.
- Keep on low heat on stovetop or in oven at 300°F for 6-10 hours.