Roasted Herb Root Vegetables
- 1-2 cups carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 cups beets, peeled and cubed
- 1 cups parsnips or turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 cups winter squash of choice, peeled and cubed (butternut, acorn, kabocha, carnival, etc.)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. of finely chopped rosemary or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper and a sprinkle of oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables and onion with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs
- Pour the oiled vegetables onto the sheet or in the casserole dish. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip around the veggies, and roast for another 15-20 minus, until tender. Allow to cool, and serve as a side dish!