- 1 organic chicken, brined for 2-8 hours, giblets removed
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 2 lemons, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse.
- Place chicken breast down into roasting pan and pat dry inside and out.
- Fill insides with lemon and onion pieces, sprinkle any extras around chicken.
- Rub chicken with oil then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook chicken for about 1 hour, or until internal temp reads 165°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes, then cut into pieces. The juice should run clear, not bloody, and the parts should come apart easily if it’s well cooked.