- Kid Friendly
- Low Sugar
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ½ cup natural nut butter (this recipe uses almond, but peanut works well, too)
- 1-1.5 cups of certified gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – ensure that it’s gluten-free
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add-ins (optional): chopped walnuts, mini chocolate chips (the Enjoy Life brand is recommended), cacao nibs, dried cranberries (use a total of ~¼-½ cup of add-ins)
- Get creative! Try using a variety of nut or seed butters, different spices, or flax seed instead of chia seed and try changing up the add-ins!
- Combine pumpkin puree, nut butter and oats until well mixed.
- Add maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; the dough should be somewhat sticky, but formable into balls.
- Add desired add-ins – try adding cacao nibs and walnuts for crunch!
- Roll into balls and freeze for an hour or more. Maybe store in the fridge or freeze for 2-3 months.