- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of all-natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8-inch pan (you can use grassfed butter or coconut oil).
- In a food processor, add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and process until the batter is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips (Enjoy
- Life’s dark chocolate chunks are a good option). Note: The batter will be thick!
- Spread the batter evenly on a prepared pan and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!