- Kid Friendly
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Polenta
- ¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour or cassava flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked OR 1 lb of tofu, crumbled and sautéed
- ¼ green pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Oil, salt, pepper
- Mix together the polenta, flour, and egg until it forms a dough.
- Roll out until dough is approx ¼ inch thick.
- Using a glass, cut out rounds and then roll out until even thinner.
- Sauté meat or tofu and place into Cuisinart.
- Add ¼ pepper, garlic clove, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Blend well, add Manchego cheese if desired.
Assembling & Cooking:
- Place spoonful of filling into each casing round. Fold the round
in half and crimp the edges with fingers or a fork.
- Sauté in oil until browned on both sides.
- Place onto paper towels to remove excess oil.