Miso Carrot Ginger Dressing & Chopped Asian Slaw
- 2 carrots – peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots – peeled
- Fresh ginger root – 2-2.5 inch piece, peeled
- 2 T white miso paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 2 tsp stevia in the raw (or 1 T honey, if preferred)
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 T avocado oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cup thinly chopped red cabbage (~1/2 head)
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced
- 2 heads of baby bok choy – chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 cup sugar snaps or snow peas – sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup cashews – roasted and chopped
- 4 T chopped cilantro
- Add cabbage, pepper, bok choy, carrots, sugar snaps and cilantro to a bowl and toss.
- For the dressing, throw the carrots, shallots, ginger, miso paste, apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar), stevia in the raw, sesame oil, avocado oil, 1/4-1/2 cup of water, and a dash of salt & pepper into a blender. Blend on high for a few minutes. Add more water/oil as needed (the consistency will be thicker than that of a typical dressing).
- Scoop dressing over the salad and mix well.