After undergoing surgery, it may take some time to feel like yourself again. You may feel some pain, fatigue, or dehydration. Surgery can take a lot out of you, and sometimes requires numerous days or weeks of recovery. What if I told you that IV therapy could help you bounce back faster, heal sooner, relieve pain, and get you feeling like yourself again?
Coming in for an IV is relatively quick and easy to do in our relaxing, picturesque IV room. You can bring a friend and have a self-care day, or relax and watch your favorite show on your phone. The infusions last around 45 to 90 minutes, giving you enough time to fully enjoy some peace and quiet while receiving vitamins and minerals to feel rested and energized.
What to do Before Surgery:
Before your surgery, it is important to ensure your immune system is as strong as it can be. When your immune system isn’t at its best, it prevents your body from healing as well as it can. Eating well-balanced, hearty meals of lean meat and fish, fruits and vegetables, and healthy grains, along with providing your body with enough water every day will start you on the right track. Getting enough sleep, moving your body as you are able to, and reducing stress are also important when you are leading up to your surgery date. Coming in for an IV before the big day will help ensure you are properly hydrated, and will boost your vitamin and mineral levels to get your immune system ready to go!
What IV Ingredients Help With Post-Op?:
- The fluid that is in the IV bag, saline, provides hydration and electrolytes to replenish lost fluids
- High Dose Vitamin C
- 10 grams of vitamin C help to boost the immune system, heal the body, give you energy, and help form collagen
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, & B6 combined support cell health, brain function, energy levels, and proper digestion (which can be affected post-op)
- A great way to support energy levels in the body, along with skin, hair, and nail health
- Commonly known to help skin, hair, and nail health, Biotin also helps carry nutrients throughout the body
- Helps prevent sarcopenia, improves sleep, protects skin from signs of aging and protects collagen in joints
- Helps support healthy bones, and aids in anxiety and calming the body
- Supports your metabolism, wound healing, and immune responses
- An NSAID like Ibuprofen, Toradol allows fast-acting pain relief
- Zinc supports the immune system and reduces inflammation, and aids in the development and maintenance of skin cells
What to do After Surgery:
Post-op care aligns with pre-op care, in ensuring you are adequately hydrating and eating well, getting enough sleep, limiting stress, and closely following your surgeon’s instructions. You can also come in for IV therapy to help support your immune system and energy levels, and heal your body faster than ever!
IV therapy is safe to do 2-3x a week, and can get you back on track faster when administered before and after your surgery. Here at Five Journeys we can customize any IV to best suit your needs. Give us a call at 617-934-6400 ext. 221 to learn more!