Stock up on these items to healthify your pantry without sacrificing taste and simplicity! Check out my favorite pantry staples of the moment below (they’re all gluten & dairy-free):
Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- How I use it: Spritz on sheet pan veggies before roasting to avoid overdoing the oil!
- Why I love ‘em: This company certifies their products, glyphosate residue free!
Braggs Organic Olive Oil
- How I use it: Drizzle over avocado toast, whisk with lemon/sea salt/pepper for a quick dressing
- Why I love ‘em: It not only tastes delish, this oil is cold-pressed (no heat or chemicals are used in the pressing of the olives which can destroy nutrients), high in cancer-preventing oleic acid, and is not only gluten-free but organic, non-gmo and kosher certified!
Simple Mills Crackers
- How I use it: These paleo crackers are a crowd favorite and sold in bulk at costco! Dip with hummus for a quick snack or blend up and use for breadcrumbs!
- Why I love ‘em: All of Simple Mills’ products are paleo (grain-free) and easier on digestion for most of us – the sprouted crackers line is completely nut-free as well.
Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix
- How I use it: Just add water and you’ve got yummy (and kid-friendly!) pancakes-serve with melted coconut butter and fresh fruit!
- Why I love ‘em: These are sold on Thrive Market and come in a variety of flavors. I like to cook up in big batches and freeze for quicker breakfasts on the go.
Artisana Organics Coconut butter
- How I use it: I call this the ‘healthy frosting’; I recommend melting over pancakes (see above), blending into a coffee or matcha latte to add richness, or my favorite no sugar sweet treat: drizzle over cooked carrots or sweet potato with cinnamon.
- Why I love ‘em: Organic, non-gmo and quite allergy-friendly!
Trader Joes Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- How I use it: What isn’t this good on?! Season on baked chicken or veggies or sprinkle over avocado toast
- Why I love ‘em: Great multi-purpose seasoning that gives you that nostalgic taste of an everything bagel without having to resort to gluten!
Pure India Foods Grass-fed Cultured Ghee
- How I use it: Cooking! This stuff has a high smoke point (compared to olive oil) which means it’s great for higher heat cooking like sauteing veggies or making soups and curries
- Why I love ‘em: This cultured ghee is made from fermented yogurt vs. milk (which ghee is typically made from) therefore making it safe for dairy intolerance and allergies both as it is batch tested for dairy traces (no more than 0.25% lactose and no more than 2.5 ppm casein/whey)
Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking flour
- How I use it: Works great as an all-purpose flour sub for muffins, cookies, pizza crust or pancakes
- Why I love ‘em: Great for making quick breads and baked goods more nutrient-dense and refined flour free!
The New Primal BBQ Sauce
- How I use it: Throw in a crockpot with organic chicken or pork and make easy BBQ chicken lettuce wraps! Also great for summer grilling
- Why I love ‘em: The healthiest ready-made BBQ sauce I’ve found to date-they only use pineapple juice for natural sweetness vs. added sugars!
GF Harvest Old Fashioned oats
- How I use it: Use to make your own granola bars, overnight oats or to add fiber/thickness to a smoothie
- Why I love ‘em: This brand grows only purity protocol certified Gluten-Free oats (safe for Celiac) and also tests their foods to be free of glyphosate.
Truvani protein Powder
- How I use it: In smoothies or homemade protein bars
- Why I love ‘em: This vegan, gluten-free protein is not only organic but uses zero fake additives/flavorings or contaminants due to its compliance with Prop 65.
From the Ground UP Cauliflower Tortilla Chips
- How I use it: Snack attacks!
- Why I love ‘em: Crunchy, salty and crispy, these grainless chips are made with real ingredients you know like cassava flour, cauliflower, chia seeds and vegetables like beets and mushrooms!
Cybeles Free to Eat Superfood Veggie Pasta
- How I use it: Pasta salads or sauteed with a vegan pesto and vegetables
- Why I love ‘em: This pasta is high protein, free of grains and devoid of all 8 top allergens. The ingredients are only lentils and vegetables -that’s it!
Organic Imagine Free Range Chicken Broth
- How I use it: In soups, stews or to add flavor to rice or quinoa
- Why I love ‘em: This brand is GMO-free, organic, gluten-free and free of yeast extract, soy, and added sugars!
Trader Joe’s Full Fat Coconut Milk
- How I use it: Add ~¼ cup to my blender with ¾ cup filtered water for a smoothie base or sub for heavy cream in soup or curry recipes
- Why I love ‘em: Unlike most plant-based milks and canned coconut milks on the market, these are completely gum-free and made with simple ingredients- just water and organic coconut.