Fennel & Apple Slaw
- 1 Fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 Large apple, sliced thin
- 1 lime juiced and zested OR 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Roasted pecans, walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- Optional: 1 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
- Optional: shredded brussels sprouts
- How to slice the fennel: With a sharp knife, cut the green tops off the top of the fennel, and then cut the core out of the bottom of the bulb. Now, lay it down flat on its side, and start slicing thin rings and place in a bowl.
- When slicing the apples, place them in a bowl with the lime juice so they do not brown.
- Now add both sliced ingredients to one large bowl and add the lime zest, olive oil and seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to let the flavors marinate. Top with your favorite nuts and seeds, and serve!