- 1 large eggplant
- 1 T tahini
- 1 lemon – juiced
- ~½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Chop the ends off the eggplant and then chop it into fries (roughly 1/2-3/4 inch thick – think steak fries).
- Spread out the fries on a lined baking sheet (use parchment or silicone liners).
- Toss in a few (generous) teaspoons of avocado oil and season with salt and pepper (eggplant absorbs the oil easily so make sure to use enough).
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Toss the fries and set for another 10-15 minutes or until golden around the edges and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together: tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt/pepper to taste.
- Add water to this mixture until it is at desired consistency – preferably similar to a creamy dressing’s thickness, so that you can drizzle it over the fries, but can also dip the fries into it!