Creamy Carrot Ginger Detox Soup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. of medium carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. crushed black pepper
- 1- 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 can of unsweetened pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- 1 inch piece of raw ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups of vegetable broth or other broth of choice
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- Over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the salt to the pot, and mix all together. Raise the heat to medium high until boiling, and then bring back down to a simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender, and a fork can easily go through them.
- Blend the soup either in a blender, or using an immersion blender (be careful, it’s hot!). Season to taste with salt and more pepper if desired, then serve with sprigs of cilantro and pumpkin seeds.