Collard Green Wraps
- 20 pieces of collard greens – washed
- 2 small green or red cabbages – washed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 4 large scallions – washed and sliced into thin pieces about 6 inches long
- 3-4 garlic scapes – washed and sliced thinly
- 4 large carrots – washed, peeled and shredded
- 2 cans of northern white beans – rinsed
- 1 handful of basil – washed
- 1 handful of parsley – washed
- Garlic powder
- Watcharee’s Pad Thai Sauce – 1 glass jar
- Boil a large pot of water and put the collard greens into it. Leave them there for about 10 minutes (longer than 10 min is fine, too!). Then remove the collard greens from the water and cut off the stems to about 2/3 way down the leaf. Don’t cut the leaf in half!
- In a large pan, saute the cabbage, scallions and scapes in oil until soft. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add 1/2 a container of Watcharee’s Pad Thai Sauce to the pan and mix well.
- Put one collard green on your work surface with the rounded edge closest to you. Place a small amount of cabbage mixture, carrot, white beans, parsley and basil in the center of the intact portion of the leaf. Fold in the sides, then fold the top of the leaf over and roll until you have a spring-roll like piece.
- Pour the remaining Watcharee’s sauce over the collards.
Serve! Refrigerate the unused portion.