Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 large onion, cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour
- 3 cups broth or water
- Meat from 6 cooked chicken thighs, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust, or you can make your own.
- Baked until browned.
- Sauté onions, carrots, and celery in oil. Salt to taste.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons more oil, and add 2 tablespoons of cassava flour. Mix well.
- Add in chicken, mix together.
- Add either broth or water to mixture slowly and mix as you go (on the heat!). Stop adding water when the gravy is of the thickness you desire.
- Add mixture to pie crust and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes. I recommend putting this on a cookie sheet or tray so it doesn’t leak over the sides.