Try some of these tricks to satisfy your cravings, while sticking with no added sugar while you retrain your tastebuds!
Sweet Roasted Chickpeas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Open a can of chickpeas, rinse and dry. Spread out on a baking sheet and toss in some melted coconut oil or ghee, vanilla extract, and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until crisp, and sprinkle with sea salt.
Banana Cacao Pudding
Combine in a blender or food processor: 1 ripe banana, ½ avocado, 1 T raw cacao powder until very smooth. Add a splash of almond milk if thinner consistency is desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and enjoy topped with fresh chopped nuts, or a drizzle of nut butter.
Baked Cinnamon Apple
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Wash, half and core a few apples. Combine 2 T GF oats, 1 T chopped pecans, ½ tsp. cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. Cut up 1-2 tsp. ghee, and mash into the oats with a fork; scoop chunky filling into apple halves, and place in a baking dish. Bake 40-45 mins, until tender, and enjoy!
Have minimal time to cook or prep? These are some quicker ideas:
For the dark chocolate lover:
- Pascha 100% cacao chocolate chips-these are tasty thrown on top of an unsweetened yogurt, or by the handful with raw almonds/walnuts after dinner.
- Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Bar-enjoy 2-3 squares
For the sweet n salty connoisseur:
- Purely Pecans Sea Salt Nut butter-enjoy 1-2 T slathered on on an apple or pear
- Lesser Evil Himalayan Salt Paleo Puffs– try this delicious snack for a little bit of sweet from coconut, and salty from himalayan salt
For the crunch seeker:
- Rhythm Foods Sea Salt Beet or Carrot chips-grab a handful for a naturally sweet-tasting chip!
- Hu Crackers-snack on a serving of these with our favorite hummus or guacamole
For the the coco-nutty:
- Nutiva coconut butter-melt this down and drizzle a spoonful on roasted sweet potato or kabocha squash with a dash of cinnamon-this combo is decadent!
- Dang Toasted Coconut Chips– crunch on a serving of these, or add to yogurt, hot cereal, or homemade granola/trail mix
For the fruit fanatic:
- Frozen organic cherries or berries-snack right out of the freezer, or top with a few spoonfuls of unsweetened coconut or yogurt + dash of cardamom or cinnamon