- 4-6 beets, washed but skin on
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- ½ can pineapple chunks, with juice reserved
- ¼-½ cup almonds
- 2-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Place beets into doubled tin foil and douse with oil,
and add about ¼ cup water. Wrap up so they are
- Bake on 425°F for about 90 minutes. Let cool. (I like
to prepare these the night before I need them so
that they’re not hot when I want to eat dinner.)
- Wearing gloves, peel the skin off the beets and
- Dice beets up into small pieces.
- Place in bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients.
Mix well, let sit for a few minutes to let flavors meld